Edna Adan University is looking for a qualified applicant for the position of Faculty of Nursing/ Midwifery & Public Health Dean in Hargeisa, Somaliland
The applicant will be expected to be the executive head of the faculty concerned acting as the academic leader; s/he will be responsible for creating and implementing faculty strategic goals.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of faculty programs and services.
Those interested should email a two page CV with a one page post specific statement of their suitability and also provide 3 references, including a recommendation letter from their line manager, and copies of their certificates to ednaadanuniversity /at/ gmail.comDownload PDF file
Requirements for the Faculty Dean position:
1. Minimum Master Degree in the respective Faculty with a strong related understanding of contemporary research and knowledge.
2. Extensive teaching and managing experience in a Higher Academic institution of at least 3 years.
3. Publications in the respective faculty and related literature in areas relevant to the vision, mission and goals of the Edna Adan University.
4. Appropriate leadership, managerial skills and experience in the academic areas of the related faculty.
5. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
6. Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
7. Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively.
8. Excellent knowledge, skills and experience in verbal and written communication, in English language.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
10. High Integrity/ethics and the ability to meet the deadlines.
11. Excellent command of computer application skills.
Deadline for applications: 8th Feb, 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.