- To make available in Somaliland a modern, well-equipped and efficient health care facility that provides a much higher standard of patient care than that which was previously available to women and children
- To make available a model Health Care Institution, which provides not only good health
care,but which also provides Training and Research opportunities to Medical and Para-Medical personnel.
- To serve as an example to others and thus encourage national as well as international initiatives to invest in health services in order to improve the overall welfare of the nation.
- To make available to women and children 69 beds for Obstetrical, Neonatal care and general patient care, including Incubators for premature babies.
- To make available to women Pre-Natal and Post-Natal outpatient services, as well as immunization for women and children
- To make available to women and children, diagnostic Laboratory facilities as well as a Blood Bank for emergencies.
- To make available Ultrasound and visual monitoring facilities.
- To make available treatment for Gynaecological problems including Management of Infertility, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases including testing for HIV/AIDS and providing counselling as appropriate.
- To make available facilities for carrying out medical research, studies and counselling, with particular attention to the health problems associated with Female Genital MutilationRead a Study of FGM in Somaliland (FGM) , as part of the Comprehensive Reproductive Health services that are offered by the hospital
- To carry out training programs for health workers in collaboration with the MOH, UNICEF, and WHO, with particular attention to the training of Nurses and Midwives
- Women of
child bearingage, under-five children and adults in Somaliland who seek inpatient, outpatient and emergency care in Reproductive Health-related or other health problems.
- Health workers who are trained or who are employed by the facility, as well as those who practice healthcare throughout the country.